If they had it their way, our feline companions would just laze around and eat treats all day. If we're being honest, many of us, let them do just that. But wait, it doesn't have to be as bad as it seems! With treat puzzles like Cat Amazing Sliders, they can have their treats and get active too. Plus, you can make sure the treats they are eating have some health benefits, as well.
With all of the options on the kitty snack market, however, it can get a little overwhelming trying to decide which are the best. Luckily for you, we are much like our feline friends– in that we are smart, extraordinarily clever, and resourceful (our cat's would object to this claim).
We have done all the leg-work for you - here are our picks for the 7 best cat treats for 2021, all kitty-approved!
7. Orijen Freeze-Dried Cat Treats:Just like the rest of their line of pet foods, these Orijen Freeze-Dried Cat Treats are made using high-quality, natural, and raw ingredients. The grass-fed lamb will ensure that your feline friend gets the taste he loves while you can feel good about feeding them to him.
6. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Crunchy Cat Treats:Full of delicious meaty flavor, and oven-baked for the purr-fect crunch, your kitty will find these treats incredibly hard to resist. Grain-free, with no preservatives or artificial flavors, this is a treat that he will find both wholesome and satisfying.
5. Meow Mix Brushing Bites:You just can’t go wrong with Meow Mix. In addition to their affordable line of nutritious food, they also offer a wide array of cat treats. Packed with cat-friendly flavors, these particular treats are made to also reduce bad breath causing plaque and tartar.
4. Delectables Lickable Cat Treats:Although sure to be loved by cats of all shapes, ages, and sizes, these lickable cat treats are a cat-tastic option for older kitties as well as those with oral and dental issues. Free of by-products, grains, fillers, and preservatives, the unique texture and consistency also offers added hydration benefits.
3. PureBites Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Treats:Another freeze-dried option (cat’s go bonkers for freeze-dried, seriously), PureBites Raw Cat Treats are, incredibly, made with just one ingredient. All-natural and easy to digest, these cat snacks are both low in calories but packed full of protein.
2. Sheba Meaty Sticks:These whisker-watering meat sticks provide the ideal texture and flavor to satisfy your feline companions' treat cravings. Made with real meat and with no artificial flavors, wheat, soy, or corn, they come in several different varieties including salmon, chicken, and tuna - an option for even the pickiest cats.
1. Greenies Feline Smartbites:Greenies are recommended by veterinarians around the world for their pawesome ability to clean your pet’s teeth. Have you ever tried to brush a cat’s teeth? Try it and you’ll understand why these particular cat treats are such a hot commodity. Nutritious, delicious, cat teeth-friendly, and they also provide hairball control!
When dealing with our feline friends, picking any old treat just won’t do. As their responsible pet parent, you, of course, want something healthy and nutritionally balanced - However, chances are, your cat doesn’t care what you want. Such is the way with this peculiar species. The above treats mark all of the ‘being a good cat mom’ boxes and your kitty will love them. Win-win all around. Now, if you could get him to clean his own litter box - life would be purrfect!